Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Journal Jars...And A Couple Of Blogs

OK, so as you all may know, I use Google Reader. One of the blogs I have subscribed to is The Plaid Post. I really like it. One of the posts she shared the other day was about Christmas being just around the corner. She also shared a website (which I am now also subscribed to) called Organized Christmas. It is great!!! Full of great ideas to help you with the busy holidays. I really suggest you check it out.

I just want to share one great idea I found there. It is an idea about Journal Jars. The idea behind a journal jar is to fill it with strips of paper with prompts, such as "What is your favorite game to play and why?" or "If I could have any super power it would be..." or "Five things I am most thankful for today are..." If you go to the website, you can download a bunch of great journaling prompts. (click here) Once you have a jar all full, it helps the child with daily (or weekly) journaling. It will become something you child and you can treasure for years to come.

When D gets older, I hope to start a family tradition of journaling. I would like to start a family journal. Also, I think journaling a great Sunday activity. Even when your kids are small, and too young to write, use PIE Night as a time to journal. As your child meets with Dad for one on one time, have Dad help them record their thoughts and feelings.

Let me know what your family does to record your own histories.

***Note: The prompt link was for a child's journal jar. Click here for some adult journal jar prompts. We need to be journaling too. :)

No comments: