Saturday, August 16, 2008

Crayon Holder Made Easy



Well, I finished my crayon holder for my niece B. This one was harder for me. I think because the sparkle fabric was stiffer and not as easy to work with. Live and Learn. Also, next time I think I will make the crayon slots a little bigger. Some of them are kind of tight. My sister may have to help them put the crayons away, but at least it will be an easy way to take crayons to church.

If you were intimidated by this project, Skip To My Lou has come out with an easier felt tutorial. Give it a try. And while you are there, check out the rest of her site. She's got some great projects.

Hopefully I will get these crayon holders in the mail this week. I was going to wait till next time I see them. but I'm impatient. Plus, all kids like to receive mail, right?

1 comment:

Mo said...

How cute! I tried to make one of these a while back, but when I loaded it up with the colored pencils, the whole thing puckered up on me and didn't lay flat anymore....yours looks perfect! How did you adjust the fabric to allow for the crayons??