Saturday, March 8, 2008

Family Jounal

LDS Living Magazine has a great article about keeping a family journal. It sounds like a great way to keep your family close to one another and also to work on your own family history. Read the article on the LDS Living Magazine link. Let me know what you guys think. I think it sounds like a great idea.

I also went to a RS enrichment activity were the lady who spoke talked about how her family does a similar thing. They call it a Blessings Journal. Anytime something happens in their lives that they can see the Lord's hand in, they write it in this journal. That way, as a family, they can all remember the many times the Lord has blessed them. When her children were little, there were many stories of praying to find a lost toy or something similar. As her kids got older, the stories were much more spiritual. What a great way to teach your children at a young age look for the Lord's hand in all thing.

1 comment:

Russ said...

The LDS mag. link is not working. I'm sot sure why. I'll see if I can fix it.