Sunday, August 17, 2008

ZELMGID

This one one of my favorite FHE lessons growing up. I loved it so much that I made laminated copies for myself and my sister. It's the story of ZELMGID. It's really a story about living the Golden Rule. Here is a picture of my ZELMGID. (Note: I don't have a flannel board or magnet board, so we use tape and a cookie sheet.)
The story came from the Friend in 1987. Click here to go to the link on LDS.org.

Since Baby D is still very young, for FHE my husband, D, and I just tell different stories from the Gospel Art Kit. But I am trying to plan ahead for when D, and future kids, are able to better understand the lessons. I have been trying to pick topics that I want to teach my children. I then search the archives at LDS.org or other sites for stories and clip art. I then write the lesson using the stories, scriptures, and other gospel resources. I include song suggestions and game ideas. I try and keep it under one page , front and back. Everything is copied on card stock, colored if needed, and laminated. I place them all in folders labeled with the topic. So when we are running late on Monday nights, FHE is all ready!
I would love to hear about FHE ideas from all of you. I know there are a lot of creative people out there.

No comments: