Friday, October 10, 2008

Free Movie Rental

So, did you know your local library likely has tons of movies for you to check out that you and your kids will love? I had no idea till recently. On the radio, they were talking about how local libraries were busier than ever because of the poor economy. So I thought I would see if my library had any good movies to check out. They do!!! The trick to getting the good movies is to get online and request movies. If you just show up at your library, often times the good ones are gone. If you don't know how to request books/videos/music online, ask your librarian. When I was looking for movies, I typed in Disney and got 11 pages on different Disney movies, from Peter Pan to Mighty Ducks to School House Rocks. You can even get the old Disney educational movies. My husband and I got some interesting movies for us too. This week we are getting a NOVA and a Planet Earth. They may not be an action/adventure, but they are interesting, educational, and FREE.

UPDATE: I discovered that if I search "feature films" I get over 900 full-length movies. Some are really good ones, such as Annie, Apollo 13, Beautiful Mind, The Indian In The Cupboard, My Fair Lady, and Second Hand Lions (Just to name a few :)

No comments: