Wednesday, September 17, 2008

German Pancakes....Sort Of


At MakeandTakes.com, she calls the Pop Up Pancakes. They are basically German pancakes, baked in cupcake tin instead of a casserole dish. I suppose you could use any German pancake recipe, but I used the recipe from Makeandtake.com. All I changed was I used 1/2 cup all purpose flour and 1/2 cup of ground wheat that my father-in-law ground up for us. They still turned out wonderful!

We also made some mini-cakes in my mini-cupcake pan. Those were fun. I baked them for 7-8 minutes instead of 15. We tried all sorts of topping on your pop-ups. My favorite was syrup. My husband's favorite was butter and jam. We didn't have any fresh fruit/berries. I think that might have been the best, maybe with a little whip cream. Yum, yum! Just a note: if you've never had German pancakes before, they don't taste like regular pancakes. They are a little more egg-y but still really good.

To my Sis: You should try making them for B. And if she is still stuck on round pancakes, let her know I'll make her some next time you guys come down. My mother-in-law has the pan.

NOTE: If you've never checked out Makeandtakes.com, you should. She is way creative and has tons of fun ideas to try out.

No comments: