Saturday, July 19, 2008

Pediacast

I have recently been introduced to podcasts. I have an ipod that my husband bought for me a few years back. I usually just listen to music or books on it, but lately I have totally been into downloading podcasts. For those of you who doesn't know a podcast is "a digital recording of a radio broadcast or similar program, made available on the Internet for downloading to a personal audio player" (www.bbn.com) I listen to several, but one I love is called Pediacast.



It is a weekly podcast produced by a board-certified pediatrician and Fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics. Dr Mike earned his medical degree at The Ohio State University and has over 10 years of parenting and clinical practice experience. He answers questions sent in by parents. It is full of information. Give it a try. You can download current and old podcasts for free with itunes. But is you don't have an ipod or mp3 player to listen to it, you can listen for free on your computer at pedicast.org. The show notes are on the main body of the blog and to listen to the show click on the podcast player in the left side colunm.

If anyone else has discovered any other great family oriented podcasts, please share them with us.
Happy Listening!

No comments: