Thursday, July 17, 2008

Bored Box

I don't know what you guys are thinking, but summer is way too long for kids. I know I always looked forward to starting school again because we got so bored. I remember one summer my mom took the TV out of the house. She said we watched it too much. It was set up in the garage, so we could watch it if we wanted to sit in the wheelbarrow. That summer she had what I call a "bored box"

A "bored box" as a box of just random items. When we were bored, you could get it out and make up something to play. It had items like construction paper, stamps, markers, finger paints, yarn, dice, game pieces, etc. You could add fabric, glue, scissors (if your kids are older), tape, cardboard, crayons. The whole idea of a "bored box" is to find items that help your kids use their imaginations.

What would you place in your "bored box"?

No comments: