Thursday, June 5, 2008

Color Coding

I just read a neat little article called "How Color-Coding My Kids Killed the NOT MEs" posted on the website typeamom.net. The article talks about how she used a color coding system to identify each child's things. And exmple she gave was about her son.

"For example, my youngest, Duncan, is the color orange. He has his own orange dishes, towels, sheets, a can coozie, and a toothbrush - just to name a few. I even have little orange colored star stickers to place on some of the things he frequently uses that aren't available in the color orange. I keep the family calendar in Palm Desktop on my computer and have even color coded his activities in orange."

Now she can figure out who is leaving their stuff out, who forgets to put their dishes in the sink, Who doesn't place their towel in the dirty clothes, etc. Click here to ready the whole story. What a great idea to help kids learn to keep track of their own things and to clean up after themselves.

No comments: