Sunday, January 25, 2009

Beginning Quilt

I've always wanted to learn how to quilt, but I have always been a little overwhelmed by the idea of starting. I really got brave after finding the blog crazymomquilts.blogspot.com. She is an amazing quilter. I've even emailed her with questions I have about quilting and she always has great answers. She never makes me feel like it's a dumb question.

Then I started searching online. I found this great pattern. It's a baby blanket. (Actually it makes three baby blankets) I finally decided to dive in. You can download this pattern for free. (yeah!) Here are the three blackets I made my my siser's kids. I thought it would be fun for each of them to get a gift when baby #3 is born. All I have done is pieced the quilts. I haven't backed them or quilted them yet. What do you think for a first time?

I haven't decide who gets what quilt yet. My sister might have to help me decide. Happy quilting!

1 comment:

Ali said...

I love them all!

I am also a beginner quilter/sewer and crazymom has inspired me on lots of projects. Her tutorials are always great!