Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Toothpicks With Lunch

Just wanted to share an idea I discovered. My 18 month old has become a lousy eater. After two bits, he wants out of the highchair. He would rather play than eat. I have found an easy solution to this. Use toothpicks! I now cut up food into bit size pieces and stick a toothpick in every piece. He loves it! He thinks it is s fun to eat the food off the toothpick. For lunch we had cheese and ham and fruit. He ate it all and asked for more. I'm thrilled! I'm sure I will be going through a lot if boxes of toothpicks, but that is a small price to pay.

If anyone else has a great idea on how to make food more fun so baby D will eat better, I would love to hear about it. Thanks!

1 comment:

Kami Jo said...

I can't remember where I saw them, put they were similar to toothpicks, but plastic - reusable and small. Maybe that would avoid small slivers or stabs on the mouth :)